Spicy Cauliflower Walnut Meat
- 1 head of cauliflower, florets, core and leaves chopped (utilise the whole cauliflower)
- 250g walnuts. 2 tsp lime juice (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin
- olive oil
To serve (optional)
- All on your own tortillas (see page 80 in More Plants Less Waste)
- Pickled red onions (see page 90)
- Charred asparagus refried beans
Begin by preheating your oven to 190C.
Pulse the cauliflower, walnuts and lime juice in a food processor until they are roughly combined. Then add in your spices, oil and pulse again.
Transfer to a baking tray (no parchment paper is needed) and bake for 20–25 minutes. You will want to stir halfway through to have an even bake.
Serve in tortillas with pickled red onions, charred asparagus, refried beans and freshly chopped coriander – or whatever you fancy.
Food Waste Tip:
Store leftovers in airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat to serve!