Easy Ginger and Cherry Trifles
- 400g frozen cherries
- 100g caster sugar
- 225g pre-made or store-bought ginger cake
- 500g ready made custard, I'm using a plant-based version
- 400ml whippable double cream, I'm using a plant-based version
- 100g toasted flaked almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
* You will need 6 jam jars or glasses
- Tip the frozen cherries into a saucepan with the sugar. Place over a medium-high heat and cook until the sugar has all melted into the cherry mix, about 10 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and set aside to cool.
- Cut the ginger cake into 3cm cubes and divide between 6 jam jars or glasses. Spoon the cherry mix over the top and set aside in the fridge for 10 minutes or until cool.
- Pour the vegan custard over the top and return to the fridge for 10-15 mins to set up a little.
- Whip the vegan double cream until it thickens to ‘soft peaks’- which means it’ll be like a soft peak when you lift your whisk out! Spoon the cream over the top of the custard. Top with the toasted flaked almonds. Dust with icing sugar to serve.